
Oh, had Pinkberry for the second time today (green tea yogurt with blackberries, blueberries, and raspberries) and boy is that shit good. I can't believe I am willing to spend 6 bucks on yogurt, but gee willickers if it isn't tasty. It actually does live up to the preppy hype. I nominate Pinkberry for a StuffWhitePeopleLike entry.

I just watched the fantastic "Downfall". Totally and utterly blown away. I had no idea it would be as good as it was especially as there seemed to be no central character for the plot to focus on (unless the downfall of Germany was the central character... kind of like how drugs was the central villain and a character in and of itself in "Requiem"). Sure there was no one's favorite bastard Hitler that got a good amount of screentime, but really there were several characters that all got a fair amount of coverage.
Either way, it was truly a fantastic film. A true achievement. Bruno Ganz, whom I fell in love with in Wim Wender's "Wings of Desire" made a fantastic leap from an angel who just wants to be human to Hitler, a monster with no chance for redemption even if he truly loves the few that are close to him. One point kind of raised in the film I want to let soak in, is the idea that there may have been a fuehrer and a Hitler. In that there was the man that was decent to his loved ones (including his dog) but a true monster when it came to dealing with the world. Whatever, it doesn't really matter. The dude murdered over 6 million people in cold blood (I want to find a number that reflects everyone, not just the Jews, but the Gypsies, the handicapped and the homosexuals) does it really matter if he made sure to tickle Eva's clit or played fetched with Blondi (his dog) every once in a while? At the end of the day, I wish that we could see the version of "The Invasion" that Oliver (German last name that eludes me) made that was too "artsy" for Joel Silver. Anyways, maybe more on this later.
A random thought I had over a cigarette. In the day of the internet when a candidate like Barak Obama raises so much money from so many sources in so many different increments from an abundance of online donations, is it possible that in the near but distant future that a candidate that is not a part of the two party system could emerge and actually raise enough money to storm Washington and actually incite some real change? Imagine a Martin Luther King, Jr. type figure emerging when the country really has had enough. Someone independent of lobbyists and big business that could put a halt to the plutocracy that we face in this nation... Then again... there is special interest owned Congress that would just shut the guy down. Oh well. It was nice to think something like that could happen while it lasted.

No comments:
Post a Comment